I felt it necessary, due to our current weather predicaments, to write this blog post to update everyone on the upcoming trips and choir events. Please share this post with others so that everyone is caught up. Thank you.
1. Due to the crazy weather and events of the last four weeks, I have decided to cancel the scheduled Feb. 21 middle school choir concert. The music that we have ready will be re-purposed for the Spring Concert and it will allow the middle school classes to work on some much needed composition, arrangement, and creativity projects. I promise that there will be significant educational opportunities in lieu of the missed concert. The next middle school event will be the Spring Concert on May 15 (7PM).
2. Snap - Also due to weather and unforeseen circumstances, the SNAP fundraiser was pushed back a whole month! We are scheduled to begin our SNAP RAISE fundraiser next week Wednesday. Please collect email addresses from friends and family to prepare for this fundraiser. Email addresses WILL NOT be sold or shared. Please checkout their website to learn more: https://snap-raise.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
3. Cedar Point: Everything is wrapping up nicely for the Cedar Point trip. Chaperones, it is imperative that you fill-out background checks in the HS main office ASAP. Background checks from previous school years will not be sufficient. The trip is scheduled for May 25 and I will post updates as they become available to me.
4. The HS Spring Concert date in the syllabus and MS newsletter earlier this year was incorrect. The correct date for the HS Spring Concert is Thursday, May 16th.
5. Disney - I would very much appreciate it if all chaperones filled out a background check ASAP as well as in the fall. That way we can make necessary adjustments sooner than later. A few people asked if they can make payments after the date and I didn't realize that there was an 8% late fee if done so. I have asked (and been granted) a waive of the Feb 1st late fee. Please make all payments BEFORE the due date to avoid any penalties. Here is a reminder of the payment schedule: Payment Schedule: