I felt it necessary, due to our current weather predicaments, to write this blog post to update everyone on the upcoming trips and choir events. Please share this post with others so that everyone is caught up. Thank you.
1. Due to the crazy weather and events of the last four weeks, I have decided to cancel the scheduled Feb. 21 middle school choir concert. The music that we have ready will be re-purposed for the Spring Concert and it will allow the middle school classes to work on some much needed composition, arrangement, and creativity projects. I promise that there will be significant educational opportunities in lieu of the missed concert. The next middle school event will be the Spring Concert on May 15 (7PM).
2. Snap - Also due to weather and unforeseen circumstances, the SNAP fundraiser was pushed back a whole month! We are scheduled to begin our SNAP RAISE fundraiser next week Wednesday. Please collect email addresses from friends and family to prepare for this fundraiser. Email addresses WILL NOT be sold or shared. Please checkout their website to learn more: https://snap-raise.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
3. Cedar Point: Everything is wrapping up nicely for the Cedar Point trip. Chaperones, it is imperative that you fill-out background checks in the HS main office ASAP. Background checks from previous school years will not be sufficient. The trip is scheduled for May 25 and I will post updates as they become available to me.
4. The HS Spring Concert date in the syllabus and MS newsletter earlier this year was incorrect. The correct date for the HS Spring Concert is Thursday, May 16th.
5. Disney - I would very much appreciate it if all chaperones filled out a background check ASAP as well as in the fall. That way we can make necessary adjustments sooner than later. A few people asked if they can make payments after the date and I didn't realize that there was an 8% late fee if done so. I have asked (and been granted) a waive of the Feb 1st late fee. Please make all payments BEFORE the due date to avoid any penalties. Here is a reminder of the payment schedule: Payment Schedule:
Pick-up your items at the middle school choir room on Thursday, November 9. Someone must be there to sign for your items. Items MUST be picked up on Thursday as there is no place to keep them refrigerated! Thanks!
The Goodies Factory fundraiser starts today! You have two weeks to sell, sell, sell! Check previous blog post for more info!
Revue Show 2018
A NIGHT ON BROADWAY: FROM THE BIG APPLE TO APPLE AVE
Click here to discover the 2018 theme!
Tomorrow I will be handing out the 2017-2018 choir syllabus. All choir dates (MS/HS) will be included as well as general expectations. Please review, sign, and return by Friday, Oct. 6!
On Monday (Oct. 2) the choir will start their fall cookie dough and popcorn fundraiser with The Goodies Factory! Money raised goes toward the choir's general fund and helps support and maintain the reputation of excellence enjoyed by Orchard View Choir.
If a HS student is planning on attending the NYC trip in April, $5 per item sold will be credited toward their trip payment.
On Monday, the students will receive two brochures, an item order sheet, and this cover letter.
This fundraiser is a fantastic way to support the Orchard View choir program and enjoy some delicious treats!