Why is my student failing choir?
All students must have a parent or guardian fil out the choir syllabus. It has information Remind, concert dates, grading, and classroom expectations. This is a grade. The form can be filled out here: www.orchardviewchoir.com/syllabus
Fall Choir Fundraiser
Sept 20-Oct 8, 2021
We are starting our fall fundraiser today! Packets with information and detailed instructions will be sent home with students. The fundraiser is going toward choir materials and the Mackinac trip for those attending.
Students will be making a seller page and sharing their seller id with friends and family, no need to go door to door! Here's the info:
Please join our fundraiser by clicking the link below:
Group ID 119007
Go to Seller/Student register. Once you’re registered, you’ll be able to login and start selling by simply posting a link to your Facebook page, logging in from your mobile device to send text messages to family & friends, or you can also send your fundraiser link via email. All orders are shipped directly to the customer!
Thank you in advance for all of your continued support and help in making this fundraiser a success. Good luck and have fun selling!
Remind Text Message Updates
2021-2022 Choir Calendar
OV Choir Facebook Group
I felt it necessary, due to our current weather predicaments, to write this blog post to update everyone on the upcoming trips and choir events. Please share this post with others so that everyone is caught up. Thank you.
1. Due to the crazy weather and events of the last four weeks, I have decided to cancel the scheduled Feb. 21 middle school choir concert. The music that we have ready will be re-purposed for the Spring Concert and it will allow the middle school classes to work on some much needed composition, arrangement, and creativity projects. I promise that there will be significant educational opportunities in lieu of the missed concert. The next middle school event will be the Spring Concert on May 15 (7PM).
2. Snap - Also due to weather and unforeseen circumstances, the SNAP fundraiser was pushed back a whole month! We are scheduled to begin our SNAP RAISE fundraiser next week Wednesday. Please collect email addresses from friends and family to prepare for this fundraiser. Email addresses WILL NOT be sold or shared. Please checkout their website to learn more: https://snap-raise.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
3. Cedar Point: Everything is wrapping up nicely for the Cedar Point trip. Chaperones, it is imperative that you fill-out background checks in the HS main office ASAP. Background checks from previous school years will not be sufficient. The trip is scheduled for May 25 and I will post updates as they become available to me.
4. The HS Spring Concert date in the syllabus and MS newsletter earlier this year was incorrect. The correct date for the HS Spring Concert is Thursday, May 16th.
5. Disney - I would very much appreciate it if all chaperones filled out a background check ASAP as well as in the fall. That way we can make necessary adjustments sooner than later. A few people asked if they can make payments after the date and I didn't realize that there was an 8% late fee if done so. I have asked (and been granted) a waive of the Feb 1st late fee. Please make all payments BEFORE the due date to avoid any penalties. Here is a reminder of the payment schedule: Payment Schedule:
The 2018-2019 Syllabus is being handed out today, Sept. 10. Please sign and return by this Friday, Sept. 14. You can view/download the syllabus by clicking the link below or going to www.orchardviewchoir.com/syllabus. If you do not have a copy or a printer to print one, you may email me at email@example.com with your (and your child's) names. Please say that you acknowledge that you viewed the syllabus. Thank you!
I will be passing out this paper (hopefully) later this week. Please note that all students must be at the high school by 5:30 PM on March 20-24. There is a ton of preparation that goes into each dress rehearsal and performance. Make sure to buy your tickets in the HS office!!!
Revue Show tickets are available in the high school office!
Revue Show Shirts
If you want a Revue Show shirt you MUST give me $10 by Thursday, February 15!
Middle School Choir Concert
The concert is NEXT WEEK Thursday, February 22 at 7:00 PM in the High School Auditorium. Students wear choir shirts and jeans.
Mock Rock 2018 is Tuesday, March 6 at 6:30 PM. All proceeds go directly to the Orchard View Education Foundation. See Mr. Saniga to sign-up!
All payments must be turned in by Thursday, March 8!
Monday, Feb 5
2:30 - Kylee
2:40 - Salencia
2:50 - Caitlyn Ulch
3:00 - sierra ferrier
3:10 - Jarrett Prow (Duet)
3:20 - Abby Bowen (Duet)
3:30 - Megan Capaldi
3:40 - Jaci Boley
3:50 - Carlyn
Tuesday, Feb. 6
2:30 - Angelina White
2:40 - Kendalynn pollack
2:50 - Becca Devries
3:00 - Brooke Herbert
3:10 - Ryleigh Causey
3:20 - Federica Verdi
3:30 - Dakota Sibley (Duet)
3:40 - Alexia martinez
Wednesday, Feb 7
1:15 - Emmy Sanchez (Ensemble)
1:25 - Noah King
1:35 - Jarrett Prow
1:45 - Brooke Herbert (Ensemble)
2:00 - Miah Anderson
2:10 - Aliyah Spicer
2:20 - Madison Hughes